The Mortgage Loan Specialist coordinates the origination of residential mortgage loans to be sold in the secondary market. This position will utilize and manage a point-of-sale origination system to generate new residential mortgage lending opportunities
while adhering to Association turn-time standards. The Mortgage Loan Specialist will be responsible for conducting interviews with prospective borrowers in order to determine customer financing objectives and deliver customer-focused financial solutions. The
specialist will monitor the overall customer experience and interact with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing.
• Executes welcome calls or interviews for each applicant that submits a loan application via the point of sale loan origination system.
• Contacts potential customers that begin but do not complete an online application.
• Emphasizes customer experience and superior service to all applicants.
• Collects and analyzes information regarding the applicant’s income, assets, investments, and/or debts.
• Evaluates available loan products and services to determine which financial products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances.
• Advises the customer regarding the advantages and potential disadvantages of different loan products.
• Responsible for communication between all parties involved on each individual transaction from application to close. All parties include processors, underwriters, pre and post closers, realtors, etc.
• Responsible for locking rates in accordance with the Association’s pricing policy.
• Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 12 months of residential lending experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Performs well under pressure, possesses organizational skills and high attention to detail.
• Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System is required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@FirstSouthLand.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
First South Farm Credit will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Association’s legal duty to furnish information.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.